There is no better way to start off your Fall season than joining the Rush and playing in the 2016 Rush Cup. Don’t miss out on this opportunity, it will be an experience to remember.
Many thanks to all 2016 Rush Cup sponsors!
Welcome to the 12th Annual Rush Cup Soccer Tournament hosted by the Texas Rush Soccer Club on the weekend of August 20 and 21, 2016. All proceeds from the tournament will benefit the Texas Rush Soccer Club Scholarship Fund which helps provide the opportunity to play soccer to children less fortunate in our community.
This year’s tournament has competition in three ability levels for boys and girls. The Open bracket is for Division 1/USC Champions League/Championship A teams, Competitive bracket is for Super 2/Division 2/ USC Championship B and below teams and the Youth Academy bracket is for U9/U10 teams.
The Youth Academy bracket is 7v7; Open and Competitive brackets for U11 – U13 are 9v9 and U13 – U18/U19 are 11 v11. Both 9v9 and 11v11 will be offered at the U13 age group, the U13 and U14 11v11 groups may be merged depending on number or teams registered.
For the U9-U13 age groups there is a limit of 3 guest players. The U14 – U18 age groups will have a limit of 5 guest players.
August 20-21, 2016
Specific game location by age group is subject to change. Please refer to game schedule.
Please note that the below locations are what were used for Rush Cup 2015. This will be updated once this years schedule is created by August 17th
Click on each location for map and directions * FIELD MAPS TO BE POSTED BY AUGUST 18th 8AM
All Weather Turf Field Locations
- Alden Bridge Sports Fields (Woodlands) – View Field Map Here
- Bear Branch Sports Complex (Woodlands) – View Field Map Here
- Gosling Sports Fields (Woodlands) – View Field Map Here
- U9 – U10 will play 7v7
- U11 – U13 will play 9v9
- U13 teams playing 11v11 will play in the U14 bracket
- U14 – U18 will play 11v11
All US Youth State Associations, US Club Soccer teams, and other National Affiliate teams may apply.
- U9 – U10: 7v7 $400
- U11 – U13: 9v9 $420 per team
- U13 – U18 11v11: $530 per team
Deadline for all entry fees is Wednesday, August 10th, 2016. If the full entry fee is not received by this date, your team will lose its place in the tournament. If brackets fill, some age groups may be closed early.
Payments are accepted by debit or credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover only). We do not accept checks as a form of payment.
The 2016 Rush Cup tournament Committee has appointed Anthony Travel as the official tournament hospitality service. Visit Anthony Travel to book your Rush Cup travel or view the travel document here. E-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Hotel Requirements: All teams participating in the Texas Rush Soccer Club’s Rush Cup 2016 are required to make hotel reservations through our official tournament housing agent, Anthony Travel. Any team who refuses to follow this rule will be disqualified from the event and will not receive a refund.
- Each team will play a minimum of 3 games
- A Champion will be crowned in each division U9 (if full bracket created) and U10 and above
- Individual awards will be presented to each player for Finalist teams
- USSF certified referees
- Communication leading up to the event will be conducted via email, the team coach or manager who registers the team needs to have easy access to email
- Tournament results and standings will be updated on the tournament website on Saturday evening and at the end of the tournament.
- Check-in for out of town teams will be done online (see information above). Texas Rush teams will check-in TBA.
- For Traveling teams there will be NO Saturday morning check-in unless prior arrangements have been made with the approval of the tournament director.
Stuart Fitzsimons, Tournament Director
NEW TEAM CHECK-IN INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE 2016 RUSH CUP:
All teams (apart from Texas Rush Teams) must check-in for the tournament ON-LINE. Scan all of the paperwork needed (see below) then attach it to an e-mail then send that to the following e-mail address, RushCup@texasrush.com. All of the items below must be sent via e-mail (On-line check-in) between MIDNIGHT Wednesday, August 10 TO MIDNIGHT Monday, AUGUST 15! Once your information has been checked you will receive a confirmation e-mail.
- Official Roster: SCAN THIS AND THEN E-MAIL IT TO THE E-MAIL ADDRESS LISTED ABOVE. Please use your official roster, make sure all uniform numbers are on the roster. Last year’s rosters are still official until the end of the month so you can still use them. You can write in guest player’s information on this roster including uniform number. If for any reason you do not have an official roster, get a letter from your club’s registrar (club/association letterhead) with their signature on it to prove your players have been registered and are covered by insurance. On this letter we need the players full name, birth date, player ID # and statement stating they are registered at your club or association for all of you players.
- Travel Permit: ONLY For those teams who are traveling from outside of South Texas (STYSA). SCAN THESE AND THEN E-MAIL IT TO THE E-MAIL ADDRESS LISTED ABOVE.
- Player Cards: SCAN THESE AND THEN E-MAIL IT TO THE E-MAIL ADDRESS LISTED ABOVE.MUST SCAN BOTH SIDES OF THE PLAYER CARD!! Please use your new ones (this year’s) if you have them. However WE WILL ACCEPT LAST YEARS if you have an official roster with the player listed on it. Guest players with no card, please have your club/association registrar generate a guest player card. If for any reason you do not have the official player cards, get a letter from your club’s registrar (club/association letterhead) with their signature on it stating your player cards are not available. On this letter we need the player’s full name, birth date, player ID # and statement stating they are registered at your club or association for all of your players.
- Medical Release Forms: US Youth Soccer Form| US Club Soccer Form SCAN THESE AND THEN E-MAIL IT TO THE E-MAIL ADDRESS LISTED ABOVE. These need to be filled out properly!
- Saturday Check-in: there will be NO Saturday morning check-in unless prior arrangements have been made with the approval of the tournament director.