U7 – U10 RECREATIONAL (SHAL)
Fall season is underway and registration is closed.
Registration will open for our Spring soccer season in November. Regular registration ends Jan. 31st! After that, there will be a late fee and registration will only remain open in the divisions where there is availability. We do all registration online. Once you create an account and add your child as a participant, the system will only give you the programs your child is eligible for based on their DOB!
Dynamo/Dash Youth is proud to offer SHAL (South Houston Academy League): a skills-oriented, tiered program for its U7-U10 players. It was developed by our professional staff and follows US Soccer Federation & South Texas Youth Soccer Association (STYSA) recommended training regimens. For general questions and information about the program, please contact John Slaughter, SHAL Director of Coaching
- Each player’s individual skills are evaluated at the beginning of the season using a dribbling exercise.
- Teams are formed based on results of the evaluation along with input from our professional staff and division directors.
- Teams consist of players at the same skill level
- Teams are then assigned to a tier and games are played against teams in the same tier across the league
- League games are scheduled within the Dynamo/Dash Youth SOUTH regions-Clear Lake, Friendswood, League City
- Special curricula developed for the U8 and U10 training sessions—ALL teams receive the same training regardless of their tier
- Curricula ensure your child is learning what they should be learning–individual skill development (dribbling & general ball mastery)
- Each player is part of a team where he or she has the chance to succeed
- Professional staff on hand at each training session to demonstrate new skills and support volunteer coaches
- Games are competitive across the entire program
- As season progresses results of each game are reviewed and player and/or tier adjustments can be made
Practice Days & Times:
U7/U8 boys & girls (birth years 2010 & 2011)- Monday’s & Wednesday’s 5:30-6:30
U9/U10 boys & girls (birth years 2008 & 2009)- Tuesday’s & Thursday’s 5:30-6:45
This is determined by the region you registered your child for. If you are unsure, you may log in to your account, click on the ‘My Account” tab, then you will see what you registered for listed under your child’s name:
Clear Lake Region– Dad’s or DFF Field # 6/7, 14750 Village Evergreen Trail, Houston
Friendswood Region– Centennial Field # 33, 2200 S. Friendswood Dr, Friendswood
League City Region- Sportsplex Field # 2, 1251 Highway 96, League City, TX 77573
U7-U10 Fall Dates (UPDATED SOON):
TBD – U7/U8 Skills evaluations begin, 5:30, at the practice sites (listed above)
TBD – U9/U10 Skills evaluations begin, 5:30, at the practice sites (listed above)
TBD – Teams formed and sent out
TBD – U7/8 Practices start
TBD – U9/U10 Practices start
TBD – Games begin
U7/8 end of season by TBD
U-9/10 end of season by TBD
- U7-U8 (Born in 2011 and 2010): $175
1 hour practice twice a week 5:30 (Mon/Wed), 4v4 game on Saturday
- U9-U10 (Born in 2009 and 2008): $195
1 hour 15 min practice twice a week 5:30 (Tues/Thurs), 7v7 game on Saturday
Please note: uniforms are NOT included in your registration.
However, once you have purchased your first Dynamo/Dash uniform, you may reuse your uniform for as many seasons as you wish.
*Go to www.soccer.com
*Look in the top right corner and click on ‘Find your team store’
-Girls search and choose: Houston Dash Youth Soccer Club Recreation
-Boys search and choose: Houston Dynamo Youth Soccer Club Recreation
*Screen will appear saying ‘Start Here’ (Top of the screen in the green box)
*Under START HERE, you will see select your uniform package
*Your only option will be Recreation 2017-19
*Then click on the red box saying ‘Find Uniform’
-the available items will appear.
*PLEASE NOTE– the items listed as required are not all required for the South teams
*U5-U0 Rec South teams require: Orange jersey, white jersey, black shorts. black socks
*Optional items: gray practice jersey, green goal keeper jersey
*U5-U10: You choose your number
Once you have selected your sizes, you can check out and pay then it will be shipped to your home!
*Note: The Dash jersey is described as the ‘Women’s Tiempo jersey’. Once you click on to choose your size, it also has Youth sizes. If you choose to look at the sizing chart, initially it will appear as the adult chart, but look in the top left hand side of that box to ‘see all sizing charts’. The sizing chart is a generic chart for everything they sell on the website. When it comes to the jerseys, the chart seems to be generous on the size of child compared to actual size of jersey. I have had many requesting the Youth 2XS, which is not available. Up until this year, the smallest we were able to offer is the Youth S and it was doable for all U5 & U6; therefore, now being able to order the Youth XS should be great for our littlest ones! Also keeping in mind, they can wear these jerseys for as long as it fits them.