Dash City Program
The Dash City Program (“DCP”) was launched in 2017.
The DCP is a collection of teams around the Greater Houston area that provides girls an opportunity to join an accelerated pathway for development.
DCP teams consist of the strongest players in their geographical area, taking into consideration their current ability, their potential, and their commitment to development.
DCP was launched as an investment in emerging talent and to prepare players to play at the highest level; the Dash Academy which starts at U13.
“In the Dash Academy, we have seen a direct correlation between the growth of the DCP and the development of a stronger player pool for the Dash Academy. We have also seen a significant improvement in the performance the Dash Academy teams on a national scale over this period of time. The curriculum and training philosophy are proven and will now impact more Dash players around the city” Randy Evans – Houston Dash Youth Director
The DCP expansion in 2020/21 will allow the strongest players in these age groups to train together and with more frequency in preparation for the Dash Academy at U13.
|4055 Marsico Pl, The Woodlands, TX 77384||U11||2010||10-12|
|4300 Woodland Hills Dr, Kingwood, TX 77339|
|12131 Kirby Dr, Houston, TX 77045||U11||2010||10-12|
|West||Memorial Hermann Sports Park||U11||2010/2011||10-12|
|23910 Katy Freeway, Katy, Tx, 77494|
- Teams will train and play over a nine-month period (August to December and January to May).
- Teams will train 3x per week in their home location, play 1-2 games each weekend, and participate in 4 tournaments per year. (City Location)
- Additionally, players from all four locations will be brought together 2x per month for a city-wide pool training session at rotating sites. (City Pool)
- The top 24 players in each age group will be invited to play for the Dash City I and Dash City II All-Star teams. (Dash City Select)
- These Dash City I & II teams will compete in up to three additional regional and national tournaments annually.
- This robust set up will accelerate individual development and prepare players for the next level.
- The best players from these groups will be considered for the Dash Academy
Dynamo Dash Youth is the only club in Houston with a commitment and infrastructure capable of servicing all programs with quality coaches, facilities and resources. All DCP teams will follow the same curriculum, which has been designed by the Dash Academy Staff
DCP will accelerate a player’s development by using:
- A curriculum that aligns with the Dash Academy
- A curriculum that is proven to develop players capable of playing at the highest level
- A focus on individual player development within a team framework
- Varying training environments including, indoor soccer, futsal, ‘training up,’ and sessions with the Dash Academy.
- Interactive Individual Development Plans (IDP)
- Training and games vs. boys
- The correct balance of small-sided games and 11v11 games
- Video skill builders, online Individual Performance Analysis, and Game Analysis using the same tools as the Dash Academy and Professional team
Leadership & Directors
- Randy Evans – Director of Coaching, Houston Dash Youth
- Dave Dengerink – Director of Coaching
- Andrew Squire – Dash City Director
- U10 & U11 – Mike Openshaw
- U12 – Willie Fowlkes
- U10/U11 – Jonny Haigh
- U10, U11 & U12 – Andrew Squire
- U10/U11 – Michael Quinn
- Angie Rigsby – Director of Performance & Technical Development
- Trey Tesno – Goalkeeper Director
- Michelle Rich – Goalkeeper Staff
- Omar Morales – Girls Academy Head Coach
- Marcus Watt – Girls Academy Head Coach
- Andres Cabrera – Competitive Head Coach
Roster spots in the Dash City Program (DCP) are limited.
- Teams will be formed at the U10, U11 and U12 level in four locations around the Greater Houston area. Current Dash Youth players should contact their current Head Coach to learn more about the selection process to the DCP
- Players not yet with Dash Youth can schedule a tryout for the DCP by contacting the Director. (Andy Squire – firstname.lastname@example.org)
- To provide an additional level of competition, Dash City Select (or “All Star”) teams are formed consisting of the top players from each DCP location. These teams are invited to exclusive tournaments in our region.
For the 2020/21 season, the Dash City Program will operate in the below area’s