Houston Dynamo | Dash Youth Soccer is the only club in Houston that provides a complete pathway to college and professional soccer for its players. College Fit Finder is an online platform that has been specifically developed to assist the personal needs of our athletes while providing education, resources and the necessary tools that will help each player maximize their potential to compete, study and be successful in college. Every U14 to U19 Competitive & Elite player is provided with a FREE account.
- Change your password after receiving your user credentials
- Complete your profile (general, academic, athletic, preferences and favorites section)
- Go to college search and research your schools. Make your favorite list of schools
- Fill out the reference section (notify your references prior to adding them into this area)
- Review your showcase, tournament and league game schedule. Ensure the schedule section of your profile is current
- Create a draft of a personal and professional email for your coach to review
- Once you have approval from your coach regarding your email, email your favorites list FROM WITHIN YOUR CFF ACCOUNT. This will ensure your communication is automatically saved within the system as opposed to using your email server where emails can be easily lost. Ask them to click on the link within the email to access your full online bio. If you have a tournament/showcase you are inviting a college coach to attend, please ensure you list the name of the event, date, game times, and field # (list each day on a separate line). Reference the fact the rest of your schedule can be found on your online profile.
- Check the list of players is correct on the roster
- Send out user player credentials to all the players
- Send any corrections required to your DOC (one email)
- All headshots are completed in the same club jersey
- Enter all headshots into the player accounts (with the club logo viewable)
- Educate your players with the tournament and showcase schedule
- Set player action item completion list with a deadline for the year (general, academic, athletic profile, preferences and favorites section… deadline should be 45 days prior to the first event)
- Check the players favorites folder and adjust if needed (i.e. players overshooting the level of program that they are reaching out to). Ensure you have a conversation with the player prior to taking a college out of the favorites folder or adding a particular program to their favorites folder
- Ensure players know that they should be reaching out to coaches through their account, not through their email server. When communicating through their account the system automatically saves the communication almost in a virtual journal
- Check each players’ video and provide feedback or edit yourself on their page
- Ensure you create your team brochure from within the system (trifold or front/back format).
- Questions or support – contact Simon Boddison (email@example.com) or Angie Rigsby (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ask the following questions if you have recently attended a college showcase / tournament:
Q. What have I done to follow up with the college coach / institution after the conclusion of the event?
Q. What must I be actively doing throughout the next few days / weeks within the recruitment process?
- A ‘personal’ email / letter should now be sent to all the schools that you wrote to prior to the showcase / league games in the fall / spring season. This will serve as a reminder of your commitment to their institution. Continuous communication via phone, email, text should occur between college coach > < prospective student-athlete.
- Review all your feedback that you have received from the college coach / institutions and revise your favorite page in College Fit Finder.
- The months of November – February are the time periods that there is a lot of coaching staff movement (fired, resign or retire). If the institution has a new coaching staff, you may have to re-introduce yourself and update them with all the previous information. In some cases, the recruiting process may well have to completely start from the very beginning – do your research and plan accordingly. If you have received a verbal commitment prior to the coaching staff changing, contact the athletic department and seek guidance. Most schools honor their former coaching staff’s commitment, but you must check and clarify.
- Update the schools continually with your academic results (transcript, GPA, SAT / ACT, class rank, profile changes).
- Check with your Head Coach / Director of Coaching pertaining to which college coaches have contacted / shown interest in you.
- Does your club coach need to contact a college coach on your behalf? Provide the necessary details and log this information in your ‘history tab’.
- If you are a junior, you should have already registered for the NCAA Eligibility Center at https://web3.ncaa.org/ecwr3/make sure you have added your NCAA Eligibility # into your profile.
- Provide the schools with your updated Fall 2021 / Spring 2022 schedule (showcase, tournament and league play).
- Juniors – narrow down your options to a top 5-10 schools and find out about roster spots, financial (scholarship) aid packages available.
- Seniors – narrow down your top 3 schools, signing a National Letter of Intent, completion of the school admission application, receiving results back from the Eligibility Center, committed roster spot, financial (scholarship) packages.
- Complete College Fit Finder profile.
- Watch and implement all the video tutorial instructions (11).
- Make a list of your ‘favorite’ 30-50 schools (check the favorite icon).
- Contact the above list of schools
- Introduction email / letter with profile link
- Personalize the information, show that you are interested in the school
- Provide updated playing schedule (tournament | showcase | league)
- Follow up with a phone call / weekly email showing that you are serious in attending the school (constant pro-active communication)
- Invite the coaching staff to attend the game / event
- Add all college coach correspondence in the ‘activity tab’
- Fill out your top 10-15 schools recruiting questionnaires.
- Review weekly on the tournament / showcase website which college coaching staff are attending the event.
- Research the schools in College Fit Finder that are attending, this could help to expand your favorite list.
- If you are a junior, you should have already registered for the NCAA Eligibility Center
- Meet with your Head Coach \ Director of Coaching to review your list of schools and ask if you can use them as a recommendation.
- Check what procedures are in place for college coaching staff to receive your information at the event (handmade copies, online, team brochure or individual flyer).
- Check and fill in your profile for the team marketing booklet / brochure that is being made to hand out on the sidelines or to be left in the coaching staff hospitality tent (if applicable).
- Do not have your mother and father contact the coaching staff and complete the above procedures – this process is STUDENT-ATHLETE
The Houston Dynamo | Dash Youth Soccer College Center is brought to you by: Northwest Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
November 10, 2021 – Initial National Letter of Intent Signing Date
August 1, 2022 – Final National Letter of Intent Signing Date
College Fit Finder Newsletter
August 2020 – Building Your Profile
October 2020 – Emailing & Calling College Coaches
November 2020 – Scholarship Support
December 2020 – Attitude of Gratitude
January 2021 – Contacting College Coaches (part 2)
February 2021 – Talking To College Coaches | Highlight Video