Houston Dynamo | Dash Youth Soccer is the only club in Houston that is licensed to play in the U.S. Development Academy – Girls / Boys and provides a complete pathway to college soccer for its players. The club has recently placed forty five (45) players into college soccer in the fall of 2018.
Houston Dynamo | Dash is renowned internationally and domestically pertaining to the development of both female and male soccer players and the educational guidance they provide their players in the college recruiting process. College recruitment and the entire eligibility process from grade 9-12 is becoming harder to navigate for any student-athlete and their family.
Each student-athlete is completely unique and has a wide array of different goals and expectations. Our student-athletes will be provided a concrete roadmap, which has a well-balanced lifestyle of academics and soccer choices at the collegiate level (NCAA Division I, II, III / NAIA / NJCAA).
The College Center was started in 2006 having placed over 380 student-athletes in collegiate soccer across the nation. The networking contacts that the current Houston Dynamo | Dash staff extend to all geographic areas in the country. We continually provide honest, open and realistic communication to the student-athlete and the college coach in terms of a player’s ability level and character.
Our program has been specifically developed and structured over the years to assist the personal needs of our athletes while providing education, resources, and the necessary tools that will help each player maximize their potential to compete within the college.
- Change your password after receiving your user credentials
- Complete your profile (general, academic, athletic, preferences and favorites section)
- Go to college search and research your schools. Make your favorite list of schools using the thumbs up option until it turns green
- Fill out the reference section (contact your references prior to adding them into this area)
- Review your showcase, tournament and league game schedule. Ensure the schedule section of your profile is up to date
- Create a draft of a personal and professional email for your coach to review
- Once you have approval from your coach regarding your email, email your favorites list FROM WITHIN YOUR CFF ACCOUNT. This will ensure your communication is automatically saved within the system as opposed to using your email server where emails can be easily lost. Ask them to click on the link within the email to access your full online bio. If you have a tournament/showcase your are inviting them to ensure you list the name of the event, date, game times, and field # (list each day on a separate line). Reference the fact the rest of your schedule can be found in your online profile.
- Check the list of players is correct on the submitted roster
- Send out user player credentials to all the players on the roster
- Send any corrections required to your DOC (one email)
- Assign a parent on your team to take headshots so that all players are in the same jersey online by 10/20/2018
- Enter all headshots into the player accounts
- Provide a schedule of the tournaments and showcases that your teams will be attending to your players no later than 10/12
- Set player action item completion list with a deadline for the year by 10/12 (general, academic, athletic, preferences and favorites section… deadline should be 30 days prior to first event)
- Check the players favorites folder and adjust if needed (i.e. players overshooting the level of program that they are reaching out to). Ensure you have a conversation with the player prior to taking a program out of the favorites folder or adding a particular program to their favorites folder
- Ensure players know that they should be reaching out to coaches through their account, not through their email server. When communicating through their account the system automatically saves the communication almost in a virtual journal
- Check each players’ video and provide feedback or edit yourself on their page
- Ensure you create your team brochure from within the system one week prior to each event. You have the choice of a trifold or front/back format. This is the easiest way to create team brochures as the information that the players have entered for their individual profile automatically gets imported into the team brochure
- Questions or support – contact Simon Boddison (email@example.com) or Angie Rigsby (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The club continues to provide a wide array of top class tournaments / college showcases throughout the year across the country to attend. By providing multiple opportunities to be seen by college coaches will only enhance the chances of getting onto a collegiate roster and being recruited. Some of the club’s tournament / showcases choices are:
- Development Academy Showcases
- Presidents Day, AZ
- Disney, FL
- Dallas Cup, TX
- Lonestar Showcase, TX
- Las Vegas Showcase, NV
- D’Feeters Thanksgiving, TX
- Surf Cup, CA
- NCAA Final Four
- Sting Thanksgiving, TX
- Dallas Texans Fall Festival, TX.
- Presentations offered to 1,200 student-athletes and parents per year across Houston
- 95 teams – FREE access to College Fit Finder
- 1,500 players – FREE access to the program (grade 9-12)
- 385 players have gone onto college since 2006
- 1 vs. 1 mentoring / support
- Current and former NCAA / NAIA colleges coaches on staff
- Scholarships – NCAA Div. I, II, III / NAIA / NJCAA
- Team Workshops
College Research Assistance
Information on both academic and athletic endeavors
NCAA / NAIA / NJCAA College Athletics
College Contact Preparation
ACT / SAT Guide
Personal 1 vs.1 mentoring
Q & A for student-athletes (parents)
College test prep assistance
Guest college seminars and training sessions