U7 – U10 RECREATIONAL (SHAL)
- U7/U8 Divison is for ALL players born in 2012 & 2011
- U9/U10 Division is for ALL players born in 2010 & 2009
Spring registration is now open!
- Regular registration ends Jan. 31st.
- Late registration begins Feb. 1st for the programs with availability.
- ALL registration is done online at www.dynamodashyouth.com. Once you create an account and add your child as a participant, the system will only give you the programs your child is eligible for based on their DOB!
SHAL (South Houston Academy League) Program important info:
- A skill-oriented, tiered program for its U7-U10 players.
- It was developed by our professional staff.
- It follows US Soccer Federation & South Texas Youth Association (STYSA) recommended training regimens.
- Each player’s individual skills are evaluated at the beginning of the season using a dribbling exercise.
- Teams are formed based on results of the evaluation along with input from our professional staff and division directors.
- Teams consist of players at the same skill level
- Teams are then assigned to a tier and games are played against teams in the same tier across the league
- League games are scheduled within the Dynamo/Dash Youth SOUTH regions-Clear Lake, Friendswood, League City
- Special curricula developed for the U8 and U10 training sessions—ALL teams receive the same training regardless of their tier
- Curricula ensure your child is learning what they should be learning–individual skill development (dribbling & general ball mastery)
- Each player is part of a team where he or she has the chance to succeed
- Professional staff on hand at each training session to demonstrate new skills and support volunteer coaches
- Games are competitive across the entire program
- As season progresses results of each game are reviewed and player and/or tier adjustments can be made
Practice Days & Times:
- U7/U8 boys & girls (birth years 2011 & 2012)- Monday’s & Wednesday’s 5:30-6:30
- U9/U10 boys & girls (birth years 2009 & 2010)- Tuesday’s & Thursday’s 5:30-6:45
Practice Locations are determined by the region you register for:
- Clear Lake Region– Dad’s or DFF Field # 6/7, 14750 Village Evergreen Trail, Houston
- Friendswood Region– Centennial Field # 33, 2200 S. Friendswood Dr, Friendswood
- League City Region- Sportsplex Field # 2, 1251 Highway 96, League City, TX 77573
U7-U10 Spring 2019 Dates:(Some dates are tentative and subject to change)
- Feb. 11th or 12th – U7/U8 Skills evaluations begin, 5:30, at the practice sites (listed above)
- Feb 11th or 12th – U9/U10 Skills evaluations begin, 5:30, at the practice sites (listed above)
- Week of Feb 18th – U7/8 Practices begins
- Week of Feb 18th – U9/U10 Practices begin
- Feb 23rd – Scrimmages
- March 2nd – First official game
- March 9th – March 16th — NO Games (Spring Break)
- April 6th – Picture Day at Clear Lake DFF. 14750 Village Evergreen Trail
- April 20th — NO Games (Easter)
- Apr. 29th or May 6th – U7/8 Last game Spring season
- May 9th – U-9/10 Last game Spring season
- U7-U8 Registration: $175
1 hour practice twice a week 5:30 (Mon/Wed), 4v4 game on Saturday
- U9-U10 Registration: $195
1 hour 15 min practice twice a week 5:30 (Tues/Thurs), 7v7 game on Saturday
- Uniforms are NOT included in your registration. (Once you have purchased your first Dynamo/Dash uniform, you may reuse your uniform for as many seasons as you wish.)
- Uniforms are ordered at www.soccer.com – there is more info regarding uniforms within the registration and will be sent via email upon registration completion.
*Look in the top right corner and click on ‘Find your team store’
-Girls search and choose: Houston Dash Youth Soccer Club Recreation
-Boys search and choose: Houston Dynamo Youth Soccer Club Recreation
*Screen will appear saying ‘Start Here’ (Top of the screen in the green box)
*Under START HERE, you will see select your uniform package
*Your only option will be Recreation 2017-19
*Then click on the red box saying ‘Find Uniform’
-the available items will appear.
*PLEASE NOTE– the items listed as required are not all required for the South teams
*U5-U0 Rec South teams require: Orange jersey, white jersey, black shorts. black socks
*Optional items: gray practice jersey, green goal keeper jersey
*U5-U10: You choose your number
Once you have selected your sizes, you can check out and pay then it will be shipped to your home!
*Note: The Dash jersey is described as the ‘Women’s Tiempo jersey’. Once you click on to choose your size, it also has Youth sizes. If you choose to look at the sizing chart, initially it will appear as the adult chart, but look in the top left hand side of that box to ‘see all sizing charts’. The sizing chart is a generic chart for everything they sell on the website. When it comes to the jerseys, the chart seems to be generous on the size of child compared to actual size of jersey. I have had many requesting the Youth 2XS, which is not available. Up until this year, the smallest we were able to offer is the Youth S and it was doable for all U5 & U6; therefore, now being able to order the Youth XS should be great for our littlest ones! Also keeping in mind, they can wear these jerseys for as long as it fits them.